Simple, fast and precise with untiring battery power – You deserve it!
Eppendorf Xplorer and Xplorer plus electronic pipettes are simple, fast and precise with tireless battery power! Achieve more and get better results thanks to the intuitive operating concept and ergonomic design, supported by the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept®, setting new standards in simplicity, precision and reproducibility. The Xplorer pipettes are the ideal instrument if you need precisely adjustable parameters, reproducible and accurate results while experiencing fatigue-free pipetting and always maintaining full control over pipetting procedures.
Starting in 2023, all Eppendorf Xplorer and Xplorer plus single-channel pipettes are now certified with an ACT® Environmental Impact Factor Label by the non-profit organization My Green Lab®, providing laboratories with a standardized way to assess sustainability standards and make informed purchasing decisions for environmentally-friendly suppliers.
Discover the exciting extras of the Eppendorf Xplorer plus pipette
Eppendorf Xplorer plus is an expanded pipettte version that offers exciting extras such as additional operating modes, individual fixed volume settings and programming to make work much easier and faster. Eppendorf Xplorer plus is the perfect choice for all users who simply need advanced speed, safety and reliability every day. Additionally, the expanded Xplorer plus version is available as 16- or 24-channel pipette and as Move It®adjustable tip spacing pipette in different volume and channel variants.
Why should I consider using an electronic pipette?
Compared to mechanical pipettes, electronic pipettes have a number of advantages in many applications. The most important benefits of using an electronic pipette are: better ergonomics by requiring almost no operating forces, a higher precision and reproducibility and an additional efficiency gain due to various operating modes (such as e.g. pipetting and dispensing with only one tool). Furthermore, electronic instruments are the basis for digital lab solutions supporting you with choosing settings for different liquid types, collaborating across the lab or documenting steps. With the Eppendorf Pipette Software Update Tool you can easily update your electronic pipette and stay up to date with the latest software improvements and new features! Learn more at Eppendorf’s dedicated microsite about electronic pipetting.
Everything under control – all the time
All information on the pipette display is clearly readable, regardless of your hand position or work position. The optimally angled high-resolution display with a controllable brightness setting guarantees a comfortable work environment.
Enjoy easy and smart operation with the Xplorer (plus) electronic pipette
Smart pipette operation with a unique multi-functional rocker gives you precise control over liquid aspiration and dispensing. Simply press the rocker up to aspirate liquids and down to dispense liquids. You can also use the rocker to skip or repeat the blow-out process and even stop the aspiration or dispensing process altogether: just press the rocker down while aspirating or up while dispensing to stop the piston movement.
• Automatic dispensing
• Pipetting and mixing
• Manual pipetting
• Multiple aspiration (Xplorer plus only)
• Diluting (Xplorer plus only)
• Sequential pipetting (Xplorer plus only)
• Sequential dispensing (Xplorer plus only)
• Reverse pipetting (Xplorer plus only)
• 9 menu languages
• History function saves the 10 last used dispensing settings
• Pre-programmed adjustment for epT.I.P.S.® Long elongated tips
• Individual programming (Xplorer plus only)
• Setting of fixed volumes (Xplorer plus only)
• Password protection (Xplorer plus only)
• Service interval warning (Xplorer plus only)
High performance meets renowned Eppendorf ergonomics
Never feel the strain of hard work thanks to excellent ergonomics implemented according to the criteria of the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept. The perfect balance and hand rest of the Eppendorf Xplorer electronic pipettes guarantee a low-impact position and means for relaxation between pipetting. The handle and size of the control buttons feature a user-friendly design, irrespective of your hand size. Because your performance is the most valuable resource, we have significantly reduced the weight and required operating force of the Eppendorf Xplorer pipettes.
Ergonomics at Eppendorf – A history of practiced innovation
The spring-loaded tip cone and SOFTeject features significantly reduce the force needed to attach and eject tips with Eppendorf Xplorer pipettes. Operating forces can be reduced even further by combining the Xplorer plus 16- and 24- channel pipettes with epT.I.P.S® 384 pipette tips with SOFTattach technology.
Spring-loaded tip cones for reliable tip fit and effortless attachment
Spring-loaded tip cones are available in all Eppendorf pipettes up to 1,000 µL (except Move It® 300 µL models) to save you time and energy. With haptic feedback, all it takes is one gentle push-down for easy tip attachment. The spring limits the attachment forces and at the same time guarantees a reproducible and safe tip fit. This clever design provides increased user-to-user reproducibility and more consistent results between different lab members.
SOFTeject reduces tip ejection forces by 50 %
All non-adjustable multi-channel pipettes from Eppendorf use the innovative SOFTeject technology to ensure that during each single tip ejection stroke, the outside tips eject before the inside tips. This is not noticeable to the user but reduces tip ejection forces by 50 %. You just lightly press the ejection button once and the tips are automatically ejected in succession.
Speed up your workflows with electronic multi-channel pipettes
Do you need to easily and quickly fill a 24-, 96- or even 384-well microplate? With the efficient Eppendorf Xplorer (plus) 8-, 12-, 16- and 24-channel as well as Move It adjustable tip spacing pipettes you can perform high volume precision work faster. The spring-loaded tip cones help you to load multi-channel tips quickly and securely without a need for rocking. Get extremely consistent sample pickup across all channels and maximize user-to-user reproducibility for more consistent results among members of the lab.
Easily fill 96-well plates with Xplorer (plus) 8- or 12-channel pipettes featuring a cone distance of 9 mm. The 1,200 µL volume variant is ideal for filling deepwell plates.
Choose epT.I.P.S. for 9 mm spacing:
Choose Xplorer plus 16- or 24-channel pipettes or the new Move It adjustable pipette variants with 20 µL and 100 µL featuring a (min.) cone distance of 4.5 mm for applications involving 384-well plates. Fill a complete row or column to start 16 or 24 reactions simultaneously in just one step.
Choose epT.I.P.S. 384 for 4.5 mm spacing:
Fast and efficient pipetting into 384-well plates
Do you need an efficient manual pipetting method for 384-well plate applications? The electronic Eppendorf Xplorer plus 16- and 24- channel pipettes make working with 384-well plates convenient, ergonomic and safe.
• Tedious alternate well pipetting with 8- or 12-channel pipettes is a thing of the past
• Processing one 384-well plate instead of four 96-well plates improves pipetting efficiency since the number of pipetting steps is reduced by 50 %
• Start 16 or 24 reactions simultaneously for equal starting conditions
• Avoid accidental well misidentification and repeating of experiments
• epT.I.P.S. 384 pipette tips are designed in perfect harmony with these microliter pipettes
epT.I.P.S. 384 with SOFTattach technology for 16- and 24-channel pipettes
For the first time, pipette tips are equipped with elastic forming groves. They allow the tips to stretch as much as the shape of the tip cone predefines. Meanwhile, the tip attachment and ejection forces are greatly reduced. With this latest expression of the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept, this system enables a perfect tip seal while operating forces are reduced to a minimum.
• Reliable tip fit and tightness
• Smooth and even tip attachment
• Tip attachment forces reduced by 40 % per cone compared to 8- and 12-channel pipettes
• Reduced ejection forces
• Perfect tip alignment due to extraordinary coaxiality for safe plate maneuvering and liquid transfer
• Extremely fine tip shape to perfectly hit all 384 wells
- Automated pipetting of liquids (Pip) for forward pipetting
- Manual pipetting (Man) for volume determination
- Pipetting and mixing (P/M) for automated mixing of samples
- Dispensing (Dis) for manual filling of plates, gels, and reaction vessels
- Automatic dispensing (Ads) for automated filling of plates, gels, and reaction vessels
- Multi aspiration (Spc): Pooling supernatants from different vessels1)
- Sequential dispensing and pipetting (Spc) for user-defined volume steps1)
- Reverse pipetting (Spc) for non-aqueous solutions1)
- Diluting (Spc) for preparation of dilution series1)
- Fix volume (Fix): Save up to 10 volumes for ease of operation1)